Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I can't believe it ! Indian Railways launches its official App - not for android, not for iOS but WINDOWS !

I love windows mobile OS. I have an HTC 8x phone, and even though I have broken the screen twice in the first 6 months itself, costing me half the price of the phone itself !
The interface is gorgeous, the phone works very smoothly, the live tiles are very intuitive, and I feel that for a person who is using a smartphone for the first time, this is the best OS to begin with.
Unfortunately, the major issue that most people keep on talking about is a lack of apps in the Windows store. So I am pleasantly surprised to find that Indian railways have launched a Windows mobile App BEFORE the other versions. I hope that many other Indian companies launch their apps as soon as possible for the windows mobile OS, so that more people can experience it.

Here are some details about the IRCTC windows app

With the official IRCTC app now exclusively on Windows, you can plan your journey with a finger tap. Enjoy the fast and fluid user interface and have fun booking your tickets - anytime, anywhere, right from your Start Screen. 
• Superior User Experience
• Add to Favorites
• Recent History
• User Friendly Interface

Source (free registration may be needed)

I have not yet tried the app, but will try to comment on it later.


• Superior User Experience
• Add to Favorites
• Recent History
• User Friendly Interface

No comments:

Post a Comment